TOP 5 BADMINTON NETS
OUR TOP 5:
- Boulder Portable Badminton Net Set
- FBSPORT Portable Badminton Net Set
- Vermont Badminton Net
- Champion Sports 18-Ply Nylon Badminton Net
- MAVIS LAVEN Portable Badminton Net
When buying a badminton set the first choice you need to make is whether you want a free standing portable badminton net or a high quality professional level badminton net that attaches between two existing poles, eg in a gym or on a pre set up badminton court. We find that most people making “badminton net” searches are actually looking for badminton sets. So we thought we would break down the difference quickly and hopefully post you in the right direction.
BADMINTON NETS VS SETS VS PORTABILITY
Badminton nets are just that, just the net used for badminton. Usually people would buy these as a replacement net for a fixed badminton set up eg at an indoor court where there is already poles to connect the net too. Over time nets tend to fray and break so they need replacement from time to time.
Badminton nets tend to sell for around $20.
If this is what you are looking for, keep reading.
PORTABLE BADMINTON NETS
What most people are looking for is a fun portable backyard badminton net that they can set up, have fun and then pack up into an easy to carry bag to store or transport. These kinds of nets come with collapsable poles to which the badminton nets attach.
We have included two of these kinds of nets in this post, but we have a more extensive review on the best portable badminton nets.
Finally there are badminton sets. These are sets that include everything you need to have a great time playing badminton with friends, including a portable net, racquets, birdies and court marking ropes.
If you do not have badminton rackets already and are just looking to have some great fun with friends then we suggest you check out our post on the best badminton sets.
The first two nets in this review are great portable badminton net sets, while the last three products are just badminton nets.
BADMINTON NET REGULATIONS
- The badminton net can be natural or synthetic.
- The netting line should be fine, dark-colored cord, and of even thickness with a mesh not less than 15 mm nor more than 20 mm.
- The dimensions of the net must be 2.5 feet tall and 20 feet wide.
- A white, folded, 3-inch wide tape must form the top edge of the badminton net with a cord running through the tape to hold the net.
- The net should be 1.55 meters (5 ft 1 inch) high at the edges and 1.524 meters (5 ft) high in the center.
- The net posts should be placed over the doubles sidelines.
1. Boulder Portable Badminton Set
The Boulder Portable Badminton Net Set is perfect for parties, camping, and family holidays. It is made of superior quality nylon to avoid tear and painted rust-resistant steel to ensure lifetime durability. The poles are also made with 50% thicker steel than the nearest competitors. With its sturdy construction, you can use it both indoors and outdoors without worries. This freestanding net is held together with an innovative bungee-cord design that allows you to set it up on any flat surface. You won’t need to untangle ropes and pound stakes into the ground. You can easily set it in your backyard, driveway, gym, and basement, and even on the beach! Read our full review on Boulder Portable Badminton Net Set here.
2. FBsport Portable Badminton Net Set
The FBSPORT Portable Badminton Net Set is an excellent method to play badminton whenever and wherever you want. A 10×5 foot net, two badminton rackets, two shuttlecocks, and a storage base are included in the kit. The net is composed of strong nylon and stands 5 feet tall, which is the typical height for badminton. Steel rackets with a pleasant grip are used. The shuttlecocks are constructed of plastic and fly for a long time. The storage base is made of tough plastic and comes with a carrying handle.
This set is simple to assemble and disassemble. With the help of two telescopic poles, the net may be fastened to the storage base. The poles are 6 feet long and composed of strong metal. The net may be raised or lowered to the desired height. The storage base may also be utilized to transport the net, rackets, and shuttlecocks.
- Setup/Takedown in Minutes – Easy to setup or take down your net in just 2-5 mins, no stakes or tools reuqired.
- Play Anywhere- Our portable net is ideal for adults’ kids’ casual play and sports training on any flat surface, like backyard beach lawn indoor/outdoor area.
- Team Sport – Our badminton net set is great for children, adults, parties, camping, and family holidays.
- Take Along – All parts easy to fold up in the base and carry away effortlessly. Won’t take up a ton of room.
- All Items – 10 ft net, 2 steel badminton rackets, 2 badminton shuttlecocks, storage box base with 2 poles. Net Color: Black
HERE ARE SOME GREAT CUSTOMER REVIEWS FOR THE FBSPORT PORTABLE BADMINTON NET SET:
“This is a great purchase! The extendable poles seem a bit cheap but it’s a low-cost set and they do the job of supporting the net just fine. Our kids set up it as soon as we got it — easy to do! On one of the poles in our set, all the tension metal clips from inside the pole that fit at the end inside each section (with the metal bump/button that sticks out of the hole so each section can lock in to place) had either not been installed in their respective sections before packaging, or had fallen out, but they were easy to put where they needed to be and there were no problems connecting the sections of that pole; the other pole was as expected.
The bright green color of the frame makes it easier to see (we end up playing at dusk into dark pretty often). Want to buy a second set so we can have multiple games going and this set makes that very reasonable and easy to do.
Very cool that the whole thing can be easily and quickly packed up and taken on an outing to the park, beach, friend’s house. The racquets that come with are standard (smaller frame than tennis racquet, long post to handle) and work great. The shuttlecocks that come with are a little light weight and require a bit more effort to play, but we bought a feathered set that are heavier, there’s plenty of room inside the base to store extras.
We really love this set and are very pleased with it! Super easy to move around the yard or I to storage even if you don’t want to take it all down (though it would take literally only minutes to take down). No regrets at all with this purchase. We use it almost every day.”
“I have a narrow, but longer back yard. This is perfect. I can set it up quickly and it’s not a permanent fixture. My 8 year old can put it up *almost* by himself, the locking clip can be hard for smaller hands. It will blow over if it’s windy, I’m going to experiment with a sandbag once it warms up again. This was PERFECT for an outside quarantine/lock down toy.”
3. Vermont Badminton Nets
Vermont Badminton Nets are tournament-grade badminton nets specifically manufactured to conform to match regulations set by the Badminton World Federation (BWF). These nets are available in two sizes; 20ft and 24ft – both suitable for singles and doubles badminton. The smaller 20ft version is better suited to tournament play. These nets feature a premium-grade nylon construction that has roped overlocked edges for increase strength. The nets have a 19mm knotted mesh and will deliver exceptional longevity. The net headband is created using a PVC coated fabric and features a dual-stitching for increased strength and enhanced durability. These badminton nets can be used for competitive matches as they are created to a professional specification. Each badminton net comes with a high-quality material cord to allow you to secure the net to your posts with ease. Brimming with professional quality, these premium badminton nets are compatible with all standard badminton posts.
- Professional Badminton Nets [2 Sizes] – Conforming with BWF for tournament use
- Both lengths (20ft & 24ft) can be used for competitive & social badminton matches
- Badminton Nets crafted using braided nylon with overlocked edges (19mm mesh)
- Headband is manufactured from PVC coated fabric & is dual-stitched for increased strength
- Both badminton nets are an excellent choice for badminton clubs, schools & tournaments
HERE ARE SOME GREAT CUSTOMER REVIEWS FOR THE VERMONT BADMINTON NETS:
“This net is of excellent quality, well constructed and is very visible to those that are playing. The shuttlecocks stop dead in their tracks and do not go through this net. I expect this net will last us for a long time!”
“This larger net fits the width of my garden perfectly and has encouraged family exercise
A popular choice amongst badminton clubs, schools & tournament organisers, these badminton nets are an excellent addition to any set-up.”
4. Chamion Sports 18-ply nylon badminton net
The Champion Sports Badminton Net is an economy net that is designed and built for both recreational and competitive play. The Net features 18-ply 3/4in nylon square-mesh netting. It has a 1.5in headband and nylon rope cable.
- 18-ply 3/4in nylon square-mesh netting
- Headband: 1.5in
- Square mesh netting: 3/4in
- Dimensions: 21ft L x 2.5ft H
- Nylon rope cable
- Product Dimensions : 16.5 x 4 x 4 inches; 16 Ounces
HERE ARE SOME AMAZING CUSTOMER REVIEWS FOR THE CHAMPION SPORTS 18-PLY NYLON BADMINTON NET:
“Love that it seems to be the real thing not a knock off. Also could be used for pool volleyball. Great purchase.”
“Use this badminton net in my daughters 18 x 33 above ground pool and it works great. Use it for volleyball and badminton.”
“Great product! Works great for my Club Badminton team at my college.”
Bring your playing to a new level with the Champion Sports 18-Ply Nylon Badminton Net!
5. Mavis Laven Portable Badminton Set
The MAVIS LAVEN Portable Badminton Net is an outdoor badminton tournament net for your schoolyard and backyard sports-entertainment training. This durable high-quality knot-less net features a standard square mesh with 2.5 * 2.5 cm (1 * 1 inch) and comes in two colors, red and green. It also features a multi-functional design. It can be used as a tennis rack or as a children’s and adult badminton racks to meet the needs of different groups of people. This net set is suitable for outdoor and indoor use. You can play your favorite game whether in the gym, backyard, parks, squares, grasslands, or beach. You can easily set up and take down in just a few minutes. It’s portable and lightweight design make it so convenient to carry. MAVIS LAVEN Portable Badminton Net is guaranteed for long-lasting use.
- Knot-less net for durability and good quality.
- Standard square mesh with 2.5 * 2.5 cm (1 * 1 inch).
- Multi-functional design
- Easily set up and take down in just few minutes.
- Designed for convenient storage and portability.
- Play badminton anywhere you want, great for backyard, gym, park, etc.
- Condition: Brand New
- Main Material: Polypropylene Fiber
- Optional Color: Red, Green
- Dimension: Approx. 6.5 * 0.5 m / 21.3 * 1.6 ft
- Weight: Approx. 140 – 192 g
Play badminton anywhere you want with MAVIS LAVEN Portable Badminton Net!